SOCIAL DISTANCING AND SOCIAL SECURITY OFFICE MITIGATIONS
Dear Valued Customers & Stakeholders:
At the Social Security Board, your health, safety and security and that of our staff and the community at large, are of paramount importance. In light of the current COVID-19 pandemic, rest assured we are here for you and remain committed to serving you in the safest environment possible.
To help prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus, we ask that you limit your visits to the Social Security Office where possible by utilizing the following measures:
- Using social media platforms, corporate website, email or the telephone to communicate;
- Contribution forms (CR1s and Self Employed) can be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or submitted using the drop off box which will soon be made available outside the Social Security Office;
- Benefit claim forms can also be scanned and emailed to email@example.com or submitted using the drop off box. Please remember to include your Bank name, Account number and contact details, to be contacted when funds are deposited; and
- Available soon, Contribution payments can be made using direct deposit via online banking facilities of both NCBA & Republic Bank. Full details will follow in another update.
If you are under quarantine or experiencing flu-like symptoms, please do not visit the Social Security Office. We are willing to facilitate your needs through any of the measures outlined above.
The Board is pleased to announce the following:
- Pensioners will continue to receive their pension cheques on schedule, until further notice;
- for employers, a suspension of the surcharges for February contributions due 31st March 2020;
- a suspension on the requirement for notarized documents; however, overseas claimants must submit a copy of a picture ID with their documents.
In accordance with the guidelines stipulated by our local and the international public health authorities, our staff continues to observe the safety protocols and recommended hygienic practices. You are encouraged to do so as well and to be mindful of the most vulnerable among us.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation, and continue to observe the WHO and CDC Safety Protocols - 20 seconds hand washing, sanitizing, maintaining your social distance, and staying at home if you have cold or flu-like symptoms. By observing these practices and working together, we can help protect each other and prevent the spread of the virus.
The COVID-19 pandemic situation changes almost daily therefore we will provide timely updates and service changes as required. To keep you up to date with the latest information, we have created a separate webspace for all COVID-19 related initiatives and releases, etc. Please visit this site at covid.ssbai.com.
You may contact the Social Security Office at (264) 497-2201/2 or (264) 497 3201/2 to find out how we can be of service to you, between the hours of 8:00 am - 4:00 pm, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updated March 26, 2020