Social Security goes live with its New Multi Benefit Solution - an e-services software platform
As part of its 40th Anniversary initiatives, the Social Security Board (SSB) is pleased to announce the introduction of its Multi Benefit Solution (MBS), an e-services software platform for the administration of its social insurance system. The new social insurance administration system introduces several secure online services for customers and Government partners. The MBS and online self-service portal will be rolled out in phases. Go Live Phase 1 launches on Monday, 11the April 2022, with Contributions filing, electronic upload of payroll listings, and Employer & Self-Employed Registrations. The Board is transforming Social Security through a customer-centric and technology-driven system.
Multi Benefit Solution offers the following efficiencies:
- A modern self-service customer portal that provides quick and easy completion of your Social Security business
- 24-hour availability, providing around-the-clock service to meet customer expectations.
- Filing or payment reminders via email and in the online portal ensures that you avoid penalties.
- Employers can view and take action on past and upcoming return periods
- The new contribution submission facility allows you to quickly upload, validate, and submit your contribution details. You can do this manually or by using the Excel upload format
- Employers can file returns for current or past periods
- Contributions can be submitted individually or in bulk
- Improved file structure of the payroll listing to save you time and energy.
- Electronic payment via a bank transfer. Make your monthly contributions faster and easier with your online payment reference.
It's a digital revolution! The SSB is committed to providing its customers and stakeholders with excellent service through the MBS unified portal. A unified portal is a secure website designed to deliver customers all the necessary information to be successful. It unifies the customer experience in a single seamless environment where the brand is known and the value-added is made clear.
Some key requirements for the new self-service contribution filing include the following:
- The filing must include all the correct Social Security Numbers and Dates of Birth for each employee.
- Wage entries must be Gross Wages only.
- Wages must be submitted only in Eastern Caribbean Dollars (XCD).
- The file uploaded must only consist of entries for the calendar month filed.
The MBS is offered as part of the Anguilla MyGovernment Public Service Portal, where the Inland Revenue Department (IRD) currently offers its Multi-Tax Solution (MTS). There is a Single Sign-On Account (one email address and password for accessing the MBS portal for SSB and the MTS for IRD, and in the future, any other public services that may be added to the MyGovernment Portal. Other than the login account, no other information-sharing exists between these agencies. If customers already have a MyGovernment account used to access IRD online services, they can proceed to register their Social Security Employer account at https://services.gov.ai/. Employers who do not already have the filing structure, can find it here.
After winning the bidding process, BearingPoint Caribbean was brought in to implement the Multi-Benefit Solution (MBS) and provide guidance on the transition. Bearing Point Caribbean staff is presently in Anguilla working with the SSB ICT Staff and Management to ensure the successful launch of Go Live Phase 1.